API Ammo-Chips removes deadly ammonia, which adversely affects fish respiration, leading to suffocation and even death. Can be used safely with Phosphate Remover and Super Activated Filter Carbon. Completely rechargeable.
- Removes ammonia, the #1 killer of topical fish
- Fully rechargeable
- For freshwater aquariums
Especially recommended for freshwater aquariums and ponds.
Directions for Use:
- Use 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of Ammo-Chips for each 10 U.S. gallons of aquarium or pond water. For goldfish aquariums, use 2 tablespoons of rinsed Ammo-Chips for each goldfish.
- Rinse thoroughly under tap water to remove any dust caused by shipping vibration.
- Place in filter media bag and use in any filtration equipment according to the manufacturer's instructions.
To Recharge Ammo-Chips:
- Use 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of aquarium salt in 1/2 U.S. gallon of water for every 12 oz (340 g) of Ammo-Chips
- Soak Ammo-Chips in salt solutions for 2 hours.
- Rinse under tap water and re-use.