The Tetra Bio-Active Pressure Filters with GreenFree UV Clarifier are designed similar and include the same benefits as the regular pressure filters.
- Use pumps between 2,500 - 5,000 GPH on all models
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Pressure Filter & UV Sterilizer with easy Back Flush operation
- For Maximum Flow use with 1.5" ID tubing. Also fits with 1.25" ID tubing
The Tetra UV Bio-Active Pressure Filter also integrates an Ultra-Violet Clarifier that provides permanent control of suspended algae which cause green water. The dome on top of the Tetra Bio-Active Pressure Filter protects the clarifier.
Note: Do not use with pumps that exceed 4500 gallons per hour. This could damage the filter. Do not use pumps with flows less than 2500 gal/hr. A minimum of 2500 gallons per hour is necessary to perform the backflush operation. All pressure filters restrict the flow from your pump. Expect about a 45% reduction in the water flow through the filter.
How It Works:
Open Profile Bio-Activators:
- Mechanical Filtration: Pond water flows down through the bio-activators, which remove suspended debris and dirt from the water.
- Biological Filtration: Occurs on the massive surface areas found in the bio-activators. Beneficial bacteria will naturally colonize on the surface area and convert harmful pollutants in the water into relatively harmless nitrate, which are absorbed by the aquatic plants and from partial water changes. This is known as the "Nitrogen Cycle".
TetraPond's new Bio-Active Pressure Filters come equipped with open-profile bio-activators which offer superior filtration and backflush performance over closed bio-media and foam.
These bio-activators have been perfected and used in the commercial aquaculture industry where demanding filtration is required