Trade Winds Tape Worm Tabs for Cats and Kittens:
- Three (3) tablets per bottle; each tablet contains 23mg of praziquantal.
- Tablets sized for easy oral administration.
- May be given directly in the mouth, or crumbled and mixed with a small amount of the animal's usual ration.
- All of the tablet(s) must be eaten to remove all tapeworms.
Dosage and Administration:
Administer to cats and kittens daily until all gone as follows:
Under 4 lbs - 1/2 tablet
5-11 lbs. - 1 tablet
over 11 lbs. - 1 1/2 tablets
* Not intended for kittens less than (6) weeks of age.
Tape Worm Tabs (praziquantel) tapeworm tablets will remove the common tapeworms, Dipylidium caninum and Taenia Taeniaeformis, from cats and kittens. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
FASTING IS NEITHER NECESSARY NOR RECOMMENDED.
RETREATMENT: Steps should be taken to control fleas and small mammals on the premises in order to prevent reinfection; otherwise, retreatment will be necessary. This is especially true in cases of tapeworms transmitted by fleas (Dipylidium caninum) where reinfection is almost certain to occur if fleas are not removed from the animal and its environment.
If reinfection occurs, tapeworm segments may be observed within one month of the initial treatment.
Isolated incidents of either vomiting, diarrhea, poor appetite, or listlessness have been reported following treatment, but were considered non-significant. If these signs are observed and they persist, consult your veterinarian.
WARNING: Consult your veterinarian before administering tablets to weak or debilitated animals.
WARNING: Keep out of the reach of children. Not for human use.